100 Calorie (Guilt- Free) Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies
When you have a strong love for brownies and chocolate, eating healthy is one of the hardest things. When I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I was skeptical. There's no sugar, so how could it possibly taste good? I tried it out, and it was a game changer.
This recipe is by Amy Atherton's "Healthier Chocolate Treats Cookbook"
Anyone who is conscious about eating healthy, but wants their daily fix of brownies and chocolate-y goodness, definitely needs to try these babies out.
Here's what you'll need:
3/4 cup (90g) of white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons (21g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 large egg (or 2 smaller ones)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (80g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
How to make these hunnies:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees F
2. Coat an 8-inch pan (square or circle) with a non-stick cooking spray
3. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, egg and vanilla. Add in the Greek yogurt, mixing until there is no large lumps. Add in the maple syrup.
5. Add the flour mixture, until they become one. Fold in 3 tablespoons of chopped dark chocolate.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and gently press the remaining chopped chocolate into the top. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
7. Cool completely to room temperature in the pan. Let brownies set for at least 3 hours before slicing to achieve the best texture.